Find out what housing projects we’re working on and their current status
We first set up as a small group of likeminded individuals in July 2018, receiving grant funding from the National CLT Network.
This page provides an overview of current and completed RACLT development projects. You can find updates for each project at the bottom each project. They are listed in order of newest first.
Ringmer – Broyle Gate Farm
Community Sports Facilities
A recent Planning Appeal decision has been made to grant outline planning permission for the building of 100 houses (40% affordable) and extensive Community Sports and Recreation Facilities on the land adjacent to Ringmer Kings Academy.
These facilities are to be built by Croudace and then offered to RACLT free of charge, to hold on behalf of the Ringmer Community in perpetuity. Croudace will also provide a substantial maintenance fund (c.£1.3million) to cover future maintenance costs.
Last update January 2023 See status updates here …
Ringmer – Neaves Lane
Pair of semi detached houses, each comprising of a 2 bed and a 3 bed house for affordable rent to young families.
- Development in progress – completion due second half 2023
- They are being built to a very high standard of energy efficiency, thus keeping our tenants energy costs to a minimum.
- Provision for wheelchair access and potential for the downstairs lavatories to incorporate a shower.
- Enthusiastic support from Lewes DC.
- Development costs now estimated to be over £700,000.
- Over £300,000 of contributions so far towards development costs professional fees including over £200,000 form Lewes DC.
- Remaining development and mortage funding agreed in principle .
As of February 2023.
Project to help regenerate and sustain the village and school, which have always been key aims of the Estate.
- Joint RACLT development of affordable houses/bungalows for rent with the Firle Estate, who will provide the land.
- Aimed at both families with children and those looking to move to more suitable accommodation in the village, as they retire.
- Will release other larger accommodation in the village, to be rented to tenants with larger families.
- Architect selected. Engaged with the South Downs National Park Authority to develop a Planning Performance Agreement towards rapibdly obtaining full planning consent.
- Will shortly be conducting a Housing Needs Survey in Firle and adjacent villages. to identify the number and size of households requiring affordable rented housing.
- Further engagement with the local communities is currently being planned, so that we can assess views and garner support for our plans and funding applications, as we progress through the planning process.
As of April 2020